Caring Cafe

A relaxed cafe for people with a shrinking friend circle, where they can go along and meet new people. The cafe also allows residents of the Home of Compassion in Thames Ditton to extend their social circle.

Telephone: 08082 235 406

COVID-19 remote monitoring support for older people with mental ill-health and their carers

The TIHM Monitoring Service is a new, free NHS service that is remotely monitoring the health of older people with mental ill-health and their carers during Covid-19.

The service, which is currently accepting referrals, is free of charge and available to people of any age diagnosed with dementia or mild cognitive impairment and people aged 65 and over who have a diagnosis of depression and/or anxiety.

Cross Roads Care Surrey

Cross Roads Care Surrey in partnership with the NHS will provide a 3 hour weekly respite care for carers.

Telephone: 01372 869970


Epsom & Ewell Dementia Support Service

The Dementia Navigators are here to provide you with information, guidance and support to help you live well, whether you have dementia or are caring for someone with dementia.

Telephone: 01932 855582


Staying Independent

If you are struggling with everyday tasks, then simple equipment, practical aids, new technology or small changes to your home can make the difference between living independently and needing someone to help you or it can make caring for someone easier.


Action for Carers Surrey

Action for Carers Surrey provides free, independent information, advice and support to carers of all ages across Surrey.

Telephone: 0303 040 1234



Surrey Young Carers

Surrey Young Carers supports you in your caring role, helping you to achieve your best at school, have fun, discover new interests and make new friends.

Twitter: @SYC_YoungCarers

Telephone: 01483 568269



Self Funding

If you are self-funding for care, you may find the following information helpful:

  • Arranging your own care (Surrey County Council) – Surrey County Council website contains a wealth of information ranging from help with finding the right support to help with money matters, and information for carers, details about advocacy and useful resources.
  • Considering a care home? (Surrey County Council) – to help when arranging and paying for their own care needs, so they know what to look for and what questions to ask. This will help them make the best decision on long-term care and support for either themselves or a loved one.
  • Paying for care (Surrey County Council) – includes links to the online financial assessment and Paying for Care publication.
  • Care and Support Services directory – contains lots of good information on how and when Adult Social Care can help but also lists local regulated care providers.
  • Surrey Information Point – for regulated care providers and a wide range of other support options in the community.
  • Need help finding independent financial advice about care arrangements? (PDF) – Surrey County Council is required to signpost residents to independent financial advice about care and support, however, we cannot make a recommendation to use one particular financial adviser. They suggest residents make their own choice by selecting one of the members of the Society of Later Life Advisers
  • Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) – trusted experts in financial advice about care arrangements.

If you need further information or assistance, please contact our Adult Social Care Information and Advice Service:

Telephone: 0300 200 1005

SMS: 07527 182 861 (for the deaf or hard of hearing)


Carers’ Assessment

If you look after someone because they are ill, frail or have a disability, you have the right to a carer’s assessment to identify your own support needs. Request one by completing the online self-assessment form.


Carers UK

They’re here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.

Telephone: 0808 808 7777